OpenBAT family comprises of the BAT-R (IP30) and BAT-F (IP65/67) series of WLAN access points, which are fully compatible with the previous BAT54 and BAT300 models from Hirschmann™. Both OpenBAT series have entirely new hardware and operate with HiLCOS.
HiLCOS is the most powerful operating system in the automation industry, while providing support for IPv4/6 routing. All OpenBAT devices comply with the IEEE 802.11n WLAN standard – enabling data rates of up to 450 Mbit/s in both the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands by using
MIMO antenna technology. This means that the access points – also employable as clients, routers or bridges – can be used to quickly set up meshed networks, wireless distribution systems and point-to-point connections. Also possible are WAN and VPN applications.
Benefits at a Glance
With HiLCOS, the access points in the OpenBAT family boast the most powerful WLAN operating system in the automation area.
- A platform concept with more than 8,000 variations – boasts maximum flexibility and cost effectiveness
- Clear Space® guarantees stable wireless connections
- ESD protection and robust hardware ensure access points with high reliability and long operational lifetimes
- High- and low-voltage power supply for AC/DC, plus PoE power pack
- More than 20 industry and country-specific certifications
- HiLCOS operating system with extensive management, redundancy and security functions, as well as IPv4/6 routing
- Data rates of up to 450 Mbit/s in both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands (IEEE 802.11n)
- Interference-proof MIMO antenna technology
- Mountable on DIN rails (BAT-R) or on walls or masts indoors or outdoors (BAT-F)
- Versions with an extended operating temperature range (-40°C to +70°C) and conformal coating
- Tried-and-tested M12 connection technology
- Ideal for use with all Industrial Ethernet switches and routers from Hirschmann